Director of SalesAbout Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.
We are currently looking for an experienced Hotel Director of Sales to join our team at the legendary Queen Mary. Located in the Port of Long Beach, the Queen Mary features a rich maritime history, authentic Art Deco décor, and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and Long Beach city skyline. At the time of her maiden voyage in May of 1936, she was considered the grandest ocean liner ever built. Today the Queen Mary is one of Los Angeles’ major attractions, drawing visitors from around the world. The Queen Mary boasts 346 staterooms spanning three decks including nine full suites which have hosted a variety of colorful characters from World War II leaders to British royalty and the stars of Hollywood’s golden era. The ship also features 80,000 square feet of event space in 17 remarkable Art Deco salons as well as a tri-level, 45,000-square-foot Exhibit Hall; signature restaurants including the award-winning Sir Winston’s and Chelsea Chowder House & Bar; and a selection of retail shops. History buffs enjoy the ship’s museum and Behind the Scenes tour, while guests of all ages love the Ghosts and Legends tour and special events such as Scottish Festival, Dark Harbor, CHILL, and concerts that are hosted on or by the ship throughout the year.
We are currently searching for a dynamic, industry-experienced individual to lead our Group and Catering Sales Team (15 members). If you think that you know all that there is to know about the Queen Mary’s Group and Catering Sales Team, it may be time to take another look. Over the past two years the group has experienced tremendous growth and the Director of Sales will play a paramount role in building upon the success of a team that has grown group sales over 30% in the last two years.
As Director of Sales, you’ll be responsible for providing leadership and direction to the property team to include executing sales strategies in order to maximize property profitability while maintaining high levels of guest satisfaction.
In addition, this is a senior level position and the candidate selected will participate in total property management as a member of the Queen Mary’s Executive Committee.
Key responsibilities of a Director of Sales include:
• Directing and managing all group, transient, and catering/banquet sales activities to maximize revenue for the property
• Developing and implementing effective sales strategies to maximize revenue generation
• Creating and managing Annual Strategic Plan
• Working closely with the Business Development team to develop lead generation strategies for the Business Development group
• Monitoring sales activities/performance to ensure revenue goals meet or exceed established plan and accurately reporting variance/projections to management
• Weighing the value of each piece of business against property and Evolution Hospitality objectives
• Working closely with the Director of Revenue Management to help make informed decisions and maximize revenue
• Developing and maintaining positive relationships with peers, competitors and brand partners
• Adjusting strategy based on competitive market and market segment knowledge
• Ensuring that the property is maximizing the use of all company, brand and local CVB programs
• Recruiting the best possible sales team and reducing turnover through coaching, counseling and training
• Providing support and coaching for team members to drive high levels of performance, job satisfaction, and personal growth
• Training and empowering sales team members to exercise good judgment to make profitable business decisions
• Ensuring that the hotel sales team is effectively using the Sales Tools available
The ideal Director of Sales candidate will have a minimum of three (3) years of experience as a Director of Sales (DOS), or equivalent, with a proven track record of success. If you have high performance standards, a high level of enthusiasm and thrive in a fast-paced team environment then you just might be the candidate that we’re looking for!
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Director of Sales in a full service hotel or resort
• Sales experience at a resort is preferred
• Experience overseeing group and catering a must
• Extensive knowledge of forecasting sales and interpreting/analyzing results to plan and conducting budgetary analysis
• Extensive knowledge of sales skills, revenue management, recruiting, supervising, training and motivating managers
• Demonstrated ability to understand customer requirements and translating these into sales solutions
• Incredible people/team leader and development skills
• Track record of leading and inspiring teams to meet or exceed sales goals
• Ability to be assertive and persuasive without being aggressive
• Excellent communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
• Track record of developing long term relationships and contacts
• Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action
• Strong organizational skills including follow up, time management, ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and DELPHI