Restaurant ManagerAbout Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.
We are currently looking for a Restaurant Manager to join our team at the legendary Queen Mary. Located in the Port of Long Beach, the Queen Mary features a rich maritime history, authentic Art Deco décor, and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and Long Beach city skyline. At the time of her maiden voyage in May of 1936, she was considered the grandest ocean liner ever built. Today the Queen Mary is one of Los Angeles’ major attractions, drawing visitors from around the world. The Queen Mary boasts 314 staterooms spanning three decks including nine full suites which have hosted a variety of colorful characters from World War II leaders to British royalty and the stars of Hollywood’s golden era. The ship also features 80,000 square feet of event space in 17 remarkable Art Deco salons as well as a tri-level, 45,000-square-foot Exhibit Hall; signature restaurants including the award-winning Sir Winston’s and Chelsea Chowder House & Bar; and a selection of retail shops. History buffs enjoy the ship’s museum and Behind the Scenes tour, while guests of all ages love the Ghosts and Legends tour and special events such as Scottish Festival, Dark Harbor, and concerts that are hosted on or by the ship throughout the year.
As Restaurant Manager, you’ll be responsible for overseeing and directing the daily operation of the Food & Beverage operation.
Key responsibilities of a Restaurant Manager include:
• Supervising and directing the prompt, efficient and friendly serving of all food and beverage
• Supporting the entire Food and Beverage operation including supervising other areas if necessary, handling special projects, running promotions, handling public relations and marketing
• Assisting servers, bussers and host staff in their job duties as necessary
• Ensuring all opening, closing and running side work is completed on a daily basis
• Acting as a liaison between kitchen and front of house employees and operations
• Interviewing and selecting new team members
• Training and developing team members
• Communicating effectively, giving direction, support, timely feedback and recognition of performance
• Working quickly and independently to resolve operational and/or guest issues when necessary, ensuring proper follow through with appropriate manager(s)
• Communicating pertinent information to team by conducting monthly department meetings and organizing and conducting pre-shift meetings on a consistent basis
• Evaluating work procedures, reviewing standards, identifying methods for increasing efficiency or effectiveness and responding proactively to any needs that have arisen
• Developing and implementing cost saving and profit enhancing measures
• Monitoring labor costs on a daily basis
• Ensuring par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, ordering and retrieving supplies and stocking shelves
The ideal Restaurant Manager candidate will have had a minimum of 2 years previous experience as a manager in a full service (table service with full bar) restaurant. The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Minimum of 21 years of age to handle alcoholic beverages
• Two – five years previous Food and Beverage management experience required
• Restaurant management experience within a hotel or in a high-volume, three meal a day restaurant preferred
• Extensive knowledge of Food and Beverage outlet operations including foods, beverages, supervisory aspects, service techniques and guest service
• Ability to take initiative and ownership to resolve problems
• Ability to manage a diverse workload, prioritize and delegate in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
• Possess a basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
• Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
• Ability to stand, walk, and move around during entire shift
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with team members and guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
• Must have the ability to work with guests and respond immediately and accurately to their needs and requirements
• Must have a valid alcohol awareness certification or be capable of obtaining certification
• Must have a valid Certified Food Handlers Card or be capable of obtaining one
An Equal Opportunity Employer