Ticketing AdministratorHeadquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.
We are currently looking for a Ticketing Administrator to join our team at the legendary Queen Mary. Located in the Port of Long Beach, the Queen Mary features a rich maritime history, authentic Art Deco décor, and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and Long Beach city skyline. At the time of her maiden voyage in May of 1936, she was considered the grandest ocean liner ever built. Today the Queen Mary is one of Los Angeles’ major attractions, drawing visitors from around the world. The Queen Mary boasts 346 staterooms spanning three decks including nine full suites which have hosted a variety of colorful characters from World War II leaders to British royalty and the stars of Hollywood’s golden era. The ship also features 80,000 square feet of event space in 17 remarkable Art Deco salons as well as a tri-level, 45,000-square-foot Exhibit Hall; signature restaurants including the award-winning Sir Winston’s and Chelsea Chowder House & Bar; and a selection of retail shops. History buffs enjoy the ship’s museum and Behind the Scenes tour, while guests of all ages love the Ghosts and Legends tour and special events such as Scottish Festival, Dark Harbor, and concerts that are hosted on or by the ship throughout the year.
The Ticketing Administrator is responsible for leading the point-of-sale support for diverse special events, admission, tours, etc. Candidates must have a strong drive to improve the ticket buying experience both in person and on-line. An understanding of hospitality and customer service is the key to success in this roll but the candidate must also have excellent analytical and communications skills. We are looking for a high energy individual that is willing to grow with our property and is ready to help keep our ticketing systems at the forefront of innovation.
• Supporting the Siriusware POS software and configuration setups, online and on property
• Diagnosing and troubleshooting issues
• Identifying ways to improve customer service both to the end customer and to the internal customer
• Maintaining advanced/detailed knowledge of the existing Siriusware Point-of-Sale product as well as keeping track of advancements in the ticketing industry
• Assisting in the design and implementation of on-line ticketing sites
• Learning our company's operations and being able to translate these needs into software requirements
• Communicating with employees and managers at all levels
• Maintaining technical skills in operating systems, databases and networking
• Identifying new technologies that could be used within the company
• Providing primary technical support for current cross platform applications, including bridging databases and setup for customized report writing for front-end users
• Liaising with corporate IT department to ensure compliance with security setup, maintenance and backup strategies for all databases and supported applications
• Developing and maintaining documentation on installation, local configuration, user base, and general site information for major applications
• Providing oversight of credit card payment software systems and the integration of these systems with specific applications
• Assisting with the coordination of database integration efforts with corporate IT department, staff, outside consultants and vendors
• Researching and resolving database, application, and network issues as related to ticketing
• Participating in the evaluation and implementation of new products and technologies
• Providing general technical support to staff and assisting with preventative maintenance of POS computers
• Providing assistance with the installation and configuration of POS computers and servers
• Performing other duties as assigned
The ideal Ticketing Administrator will have at least one year of experience with Siriusware Point-of-Sale (POS) software/hardware or a minimum of three years of experience with any of the following (or similar) Point-of-Sale systems: Gateway, Pro Venue or OmniTicket.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Knowledge of ticket system hardware and software
• Advanced knowledge of computerized ticket sales, preferably the Siriusware system
• Previous experience with ticket design and coding a plus
• Knowledge and understanding of IT back office operations: server configurations (Windows 2008), virtualization (VMWare), storage products, VFP based software, Windows and Mac operating systems. Experience in Protobase applications strongly preferred
• Help desk experience supporting customers by phone and utilizing remote support tools
• Basic website development experience. HTML, CSS files, links
• Networking experience (LANs, WANs, Network optimization tools, wireless)
• Database experience (SQL, queries, triggers, replication)3
• Ability to troubleshoot software and hardware issues on PCs
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to assess priorities and work well under pressure
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a wide range of team members
• Must be flexible with working nights, weekends, and holidays
An Equal Opportunity Employer