Guest Services Manager, Parking OperationsAbout Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.
We are currently looking for a Guest Services Manager, Parking Operations to join our team at the legendary Queen Mary. Located in the Port of Long Beach, the Queen Mary features a rich maritime history, authentic Art Deco décor, and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and Long Beach city skyline. At the time of her maiden voyage in May of 1936, she was considered the grandest ocean liner ever built. Today the Queen Mary is one of Los Angeles’ major attractions, drawing visitors from around the world. The Queen Mary boasts 346 staterooms spanning three decks including nine full suites which have hosted a variety of colorful characters from World War II leaders to British royalty and the stars of Hollywood’s golden era. The ship also features 80,000 square feet of event space in 17 remarkable Art Deco salons as well as a tri-level, 45,000-square-foot Exhibit Hall; signature restaurants including the award-winning Sir Winston’s and Chelsea Chowder House & Bar; and a selection of retail shops. History buffs enjoy the ship’s museum and Behind the Scenes tour, while guests of all ages love the Ghosts and Legends tour and special events such as Scottish Festival, Dark Harbor, and concerts that are hosted on or by the ship throughout the year.
The Guest Services Manager, Parking Operations is responsible for the overall operation and leadership of the Parking and Arrival Teams.
Key responsibilities include:
• Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Parking Department to ensure guest and crew member satisfaction
• Ensuring that vehicles are parked efficiently, maximizing available space
• Coordinating parking operations with Special Events department regarding parking of crew members and use of shuttles
• Analyzing peak periods and maximizing parking revenue per available space
• Ensuring that parking revenues are reported correctly and in a timely manner
• Ensuring that all parking crew members are properly trained in cash handling procedures
• Managing claims process, limiting liability and maintaining overall safety in the parking lot
• Ensuring guests’ needs and concerns are responded to in a timely, professional and friendly manner with a focus on service recovery when applicable
• Ensuring that all crew members and equipment have adequate supplies and materials for proper operation of the parking lots
• Ensuring that all safety and security policies and procedures are followed
• Interviewing, hiring, coaching and developing team members
• Evaluating team performance and taking appropriate corrective action as needed to hold team members accountable
• Setting goals, providing ongoing feedback, and rewarding/recognizing team members
• Preparing and adjusting weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts
• Completes and submits payroll on a semi-monthly basis
• Authorizing requests for personal time off, holidays for team members, schedule changes, overtime, and expenditures
• Maintaining an up to date working knowledge of all property amenities as well as any special events
• Maintaining a working relationship with the union by following the terms of the collective bargaining agreement
• Maintaining a working relationship with Carnival Cruise operations team
• Organizing, maintaining, and reconciling various financial records, both manually and through automated methods
If you are customer service driven, have previous experience in valet and large parking operations and have the desire to provide exceptional service with a high attention to detail then we want to talk to you!
Job requirements include:
• High school degree or equivalent
• At least three years of management in a large parking operation
• Must be able to drive automatic and standard shift cars
• Must be able to provide current DMV Driving Record
• Must have a valid Driver’s License
• Must be able to calculate parking charges manually and make change without the use of a calculator
• Analytical skills with demonstrated ability to translate data to insight and then into action
• Aptitude to perform numerical analysis of data and formulate conclusions and solutions
• Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, professional manner and exhibit good judgment
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
• Strong interpersonal skills: ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful and flexible
• Must have excellent supervisory and interpersonal skills
• An operational knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
• Ability to work a varied schedule that includes evenings, nights, and weekends
• Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and to react with discretion under varying conditions
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• A basic knowledge of the surrounding city area and freeway access in order to provide accurate information and/or directions as needed
An Equal Opportunity Employer