Director of Guest ServicesAbout Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.
As a Guest Service Director, you’ll oversee all the duties of our front office, reservations, and other guest service operations. This includes but is not limited to: management of the front desk, training and associate development, ensuring an exceptional guest experience at the front desk and at our outlets, effective resolution of guest issues, coordination of training projects and programs with other department heads, and managing a small 24 hour market for our Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Mission Valley property.
Key responsibilities of a Guest Service Director include (but not limited to):
• Ensuring that staff are providing exemplary guest service in accordance with brand standards
• Ensuring guests’ needs and concerns are responded to in a timely, professional and friendly manner with a focus on service recovery when applicable
• Ensuring that all safety and security policies and procedures are followed
• Interviewing, hiring, coaching and developing associates
• Evaluating team performance and taking appropriate corrective action as needed to hold team members accountable
• Setting goals, providing ongoing feedback, and rewarding/recognizing associates in a way that helps each associate realize his/her full potential.
• Preparing and adjusting weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts and business needs
• Authorizing requests for personal time off, holidays for team members, schedule changes, overtime, and expenditures
• Reviewing guest comments and ensuring that problems are identified and corrected in a timely manner.
• Maintaining an efficient system of communication, between the Front Office and other departments, with particular attention to guest satisfaction
• Monitoring and maintaining the all key systems and equipment to ensure their optimum performance
• Responsible for executing product ordering and managing inventories for all areas
• Responsible for driving effective cost controls and analytics resulting in minimal waste and optimizing profit for the hotel
The ideal Guest Service Director candidate will possess strong communication skills, a clear understanding of guest service in a hotel environment and demonstrate leadership abilities.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Minimum of two years combined front desk management experience in a hotel property of similar size and quality
• Experience in food service management is required
• Previous experience in a similar position is preferred
• Minimum of one year management experience
• Associate degree or equivalent is preferred
• Must be highly organized, results oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced changing environment
• Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, professional manner and exhibit good judgment
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
• Strong interpersonal skills: ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful and flexible
• Must have excellent supervisory and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends