Maintenance TechnicianThe MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN works directly with the Maintenance Manager to maintain the physical integrity of the community. The MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN will carry out assigned duties in a safe and professional manner with the resident’s satisfaction in mind. Alongside the Maintenance Assistant, all team members are responsible for the upkeep of the properties curb appeal. In the absence of the Maintenance Manager, the MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN will receive direction from the Property Manager and assume all non‐budget related maintenance responsibilities. The MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN participates in the on-call rotation, providing 24- hour emergency services to our residents.
• Has knowledge of maintenance functions such as plumbing, HVAC, basic electric, general carpentry skills, and painting.
• Maintains grounds, pools, common areas, and dog park amenities to keep clean, operational, and safe for our residents.
• Reports any maintenance concerns on vacant units, models, and common areas, to the Maintenance Manager.
• If certified for pool maintenance, cleans and maintains pool as directed.
• Performs maintenance as scheduled by the Maintenance Manager.
• Knowledgeable of state, local, and federal fair housing laws.
• Attends and participates in training programs as required.
• Delivers superior customer service and represents the company in a professional manner at all times.
• Adheres to company dress code and appearance standards.
• Maintains and safeguards all company tools and equipment.
• Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
• Operates company golf cart where applicable in a safe manner in accordance with company policy.
• Removes litter, and debris from the grounds when walking the property.
• Checks and replaces exterior lighting on a regular basis.
• Constantly observes condition of property and immediately reports and/or initiates action to correct unsafe conditions.
• Must be aware of all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, sewer cleanouts.
• Performs "trash-out" duties of vacated apartments as directed.
• Removes all abandoned furniture, trash and boxes. Transfers these items to dumpster/compactor or storage area, whichever is applicable with or without assistance.
• Assists with maintenance of apartments including light duty maintenance repairs. Removing appliances as needed.
• Paints office area, outer lobby, laundry room, rest rooms, fitness room, and rails around pool including buildings and breezeways. Carries buckets of paint from storage area to work site.
• Helps clean and maintain storage areas.
• Changes locks, makes keys when directed.
• Distributes resident communications; e.g., upcoming events, pest control notices, newsletters.
• Corrects any maintenance situations within 24 hours when possible.
• Inspects and maintains all tools in safe condition.
• Maintains organization of parts inventory and maintenance shop.
• Ensures that all make‐ready repairs and services are completed correctly and on schedule.
• Participates in emergency on-call rotation.
• Performs any additional duties assigned by Property Manager or Regional Director.
Must meet all physical requirements of the position. Lifting is required, however lifting and carrying of weights exceeding 50 lbs. is to be accomplished with assistance from one or more persons. Examples of heaviest items lifted include washer/dryers, refrigerators, A/C units, abandoned sofas, etc.
Bend/Stoop/Squat Required to perform routine maintenance/repairs, pick up debris
Climb Stairs Routine duties require access to 2nd and 3rd floor apartments
Push or Pull Move equipment, appliances, open and close doors, etc.
Reach Above Shoulder
Perform routine maintenance/repairs, stock and remove equipment
Climb Ladders Perform routine maintenance/repairs, change light fixtures
Grasp/Grip/Turning Handle tools and equipment, perform routine maintenance/repairs
Finger Dexterity Handle tools and equipment, perform routine maintenance/repairs
Must attain a minimum of 70% or greater on the Maintenance Technician Qualification Test.
• Position requires 2 years’ experience in property maintenance or equivalent field. EPA certification Type II or Greater are required.
• High School diploma or equivalent experience is required.
• Working knowledge of electrical systems, appliances, plumbing, carpentry, plastering, pool systems, drywall repair, painting, and HVAC.
• Ability to operate small hand tools and power tools.
• Minimum of 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Weekly schedule may change as required. Must be available for on-call emergencies and weekend work.
• Employees must fulfill the performance standards of this position and comply with policies, rules and procedures of the company, including those set out in the Employee Handbook, or otherwise communicated (verbally or in writing).
• Must enjoy outdoor work year round.
• Strong customer service skills and positive attitude a must.
• Should be a team player and self starter.
• Basic knowledge of computers for checking company email and completing required training.
• Must have a working smart phone suitable for use with various software applications.
What you Need to Know
The purpose of this job description is to communicate the responsibilities and duties associated with the position of MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN. While the information contained herein should be considered a comprehensive description of this position, it should also be noted that some responsibilities and duties may not be specifically addressed. Every WRH employee is expected to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling company objectives. Our company emphasizes a TEAM APPROACH which focuses on a spirit of cooperation, common purpose and culture of customer service. Working together as a team encourages superior performance through open communication and decision empowerment. It is imperative that you review these duties, skills and physical requirements closely and that you understand that by signing the Job Description Acknowledgement, you are verifying that you can perform all the duties, have the skills and possess the physical abilities that are necessary to perform the job as described.